The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and the U.S. Botanic Garden
Landscape for Life (LFL) is an educational program that teaches homeowners how to holistically work with nature in their gardens and is based on the principles of the Sustainable Sites Initiative(tm). The series of five, two-hour webinars offers helpful teaching tips and tools that show you how to effectively utilize the teacher's manual to deliver this valuable information to your target audience.
The webinar series is a unique opportunity that provides the following benefits:
- Talk with the author of the curriculum
- Engage in an open dialogue with like-minded educators and colleagues
- Become better equipped to explore relevant topics of landscape sustainability with homeowners
- Get access to additional instructor resources pertaining to landscape sustainability
- Gain hands-on experience through topical homework assignments
This complete teaching toolbox includes a downloadable, illustrated teacher's manual and four accompanying slide presentations. Bring Landscape for Life to your community by becoming an official trainer. Ideal for botanic garden and horticulture educators, Master Gardeners, Master Naturalists and those interested in teaching about sustainable gardening practices. Please note: All participants should already possess sufficient gardening/horticulture background knowledge and experience as the training is not a "how-to" covering specific program content. Attendees must be able to participate in all five webinars.
Dates: April 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28
Time: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: This is an online series
FREE: Pre-registration required